May the 4th is approaching faster than an Ewok on a runaway speeder bike — are you ready? Just in case you’re in need of some inspiration, StarWars.com has compiled a list of fun ways you can celebrate your love of a galaxy far, far away.
- Have a Star Wars movie marathon with friends and family! Where do you start? The Phantom Menace seems logical, but maybe a mini-marathon of Rogue Oneand A New Hope would provide just enough Star Wars for an evening. Do you mix in some episodes of Star Wars Rebels? It’s your day, so decide yourself you must.
- Dressing up for special occasions is important, and May the 4th is no different. Wearing anything from your favorite Star Wars t-shirt to full-on stormtrooper gear is completely acceptable. (It’s okay to dress up your pet, too. Bounty hunter bulldogs or Princess poodles are especially encouraged.)
- Food is an essential part of any holiday. Whip up a galactic smorgasborg of Star Wars-themed recipes! Who could pass up a heaping helping of Maz and Cheese? Not us.
- Toast the saga with the ultimate Star Wars-themed beverage: blue milk, just like Aunt Beru used to make! (Fortunately, unlike Aunt Beru, you don’t own the droids the Empire is looking for.)
- Feel the Force with Star Wars crafts: Learn how to make Death Star plans notebooks, DIY Gonk droid costumes, BB-8 bicycle wheel decorations, and more!
- You know that Rebel Alliance symbol tattoo you’ve been thinking about getting? Today’s the day.
- As Yoda said, “Pass on what you have learned.” Introduce a younger sibling, family member, or friend to Star Wars!
- Do you have any Star Wars toys that you don’t need any more? Donate them and make May the 4th really memorable for children in need.